We charge a per person deposit to enter the PYO fields, which is then redeemable against the produce you pick. This is for a number of reasons:
- We have had loads of complaints from other customers about people who abuse the PYO system and do not pay for what they pick.
- The more losses we have through customers not paying for the produce the more we need to charge other customers.
- We have even had customers bring their own picnic with cream so they can enjoy our strawberries without paying!
These have been challenges for PYO farms up and down the country, many farms have closed their fields and ceased PYO completely. We are probably the only PYO left out of the 8 which used to operate in this area. To remain open the options for those farms wishing to continue are to raise prices substantially or to adopt a deposit system. We have always been enthusiastic about PYO are are keen to continue. In the long run it should enable us to continue to offer a good PYO experience, and by minimising waste, theft and abuse, minimise future price rises.
Terms and Conditions:
- No deposit required for under 3’s or wheelchair users.
- A £1.00 deposit for children aged between 3 and 10 years old.
- A £2.00 deposit is payable by everyone aged 11 years old and over.
- This deposit can be redeemed against any produce picked and not against purchases in the shop and restaurant.
- If less than the deposit paid of produce is picked then the deposit will not be returned.
- The till voucher is only valid for redemption on the day of purchase.
- We are not responsible for loss of till vouchers.
Our 50-acre Pick Your Own site grows many different crops all available to pick your own! PYO is open.
|Strawberries||Few, more to ripen up soon|
|Blueberries||Plenty ready now|
|Plums||Few, more to ripen up soon|
|Rhubarb||Plenty ready now|
|Sweetcorn||Late August/Early September|
* Also available to buy in the farm shop