PYO Coronavirus Update
We will be open for evening PYO from Monday 3rd August – Friday 7th August, 4pm-8pm. There is no need to book a slot – please just arrive between the allocated times (last entry 7.30pm).
Please note that we will be returning to our usual deposit system of £2 per person (3’s and under go free) which is redeemable against the fruit you pick and purchase.
In order to help us preserve social distancing and a safe environment, may we please kindly request that pictures or posts are not put on to any social media outlets. This is to limit the number of people visiting. Thank you in advance.
Please also note that, to preserve safe shopping and social distancing, the PYO is not currently open during the day time.
In order to maintain a safe environment for this evening event, please observe the following:
- Maximum number per party is 4.
- No eating in the fields please.
- Follow the directions.
- Please pay by card if possible.
- There will be limited capacity due to social distancing, so there may be a queue if busy.
- We are sorry but the shop will not be open so there will be no toilet facilities available.
- No pets please.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance. Please use it.
- We are sorry but the systems will not allow loyalty points to be accrued at this event.
PYO at Essington Farm
We charge a per person deposit to enter the PYO fields, which is then redeemable against the produce you pick. This is for a number of reasons:
- We have had loads of complaints from other customers about people who abuse the PYO system and do not pay for what they pick.
- The more losses we have through customers not paying for the produce the more we need to charge other customers.
- We have even had customers bring their own picnic with cream so they can enjoy our strawberries without paying!
These have been challenges for PYO farms up and down the country and, because of this, many farms have closed their fields and ceased PYO completely. We are probably the only PYO left out of the 8 which used to operate in this area. To remain open the options for those farms wishing to continue are to raise prices substantially or to adopt a deposit system. We have always been enthusiastic about PYO and are keen to continue. In the long run it should enable us to continue to offer a good PYO experience, and by minimising waste, theft and abuse, minimise future price rises.
Terms and Conditions:
- No deposit required for under 3’s or wheelchair users.
- This deposit can be redeemed against any produce picked and not against purchases in the shop and restaurant.
- If less than the deposit paid of produce is picked then the deposit will not be returned.
- The till voucher is only valid for redemption on the day of purchase.
- We are not responsible for loss of till vouchers.
Our 50-acre Pick Your Own site grows many different crops all available to pick your own!
* Also available to buy in the farm shop