The farm butchery and deli follow our traditional ethos with most of our meat being either our own or locally produced usually from within 5 miles of the farm. Meat sold through the butchery is produced using traditional methods with respect for the environment and breeds are selected on eating quality rather than productivity. We cut all our own meat from scratch the old fashioned way and are proud to sell our own free range pork, and our own pedigree Hereford beef.
We make our own sausages, bacon and hams out of our own free-range pork and are proud of our awards (see below). Our sausage is made fresh from a traditional recipe using a high meat content. Speciality sausages are also made every week if you fancy something different. All our bacon is dry-cured, a process that takes about 2 weeks and is proving a real favourite amongst our customers. Our hams and gammons are again traditional cured a process that takes around 2 weeks.
Pedigree Hereford Beef
We cannot keep up with demand for our pedigree Hereford beef at the moment so do have to source locally when our stocks are low, however orders can be taken. For maximum flavour and texture we aim to mature our beef for 28 days offering you the finest quality, tender beef skilfully prepared by our own butchers. Lamb, and beef, when not our own, is produced by local farmers some of whom are farming friends usually from within 5 miles of the farm.
Linked to the butchery is the delicatessen where cheeses, homemade pies and pastry products can be found. We make all our own pies in our farmhouse kitchen our most popular being our free-range pork pie made from our own free-range pork. This pork pie also achieved a gold award at the national prime stock show in 2010. There are also ranges of speciality pork pies for you to choose from along with home made scotch eggs, pates and a large selection of cooked meats cooked here on the farm. A particular favourite is our baked ham, reared, cured and cooked on the farm.
We are noted for our old fashioned personal service with our butchers always on hand to give friendly advice and help in your choice of butchery or deli products; satisfaction guaranteed.
- ‘Farm Shop of the Year 2019’ – Butcher’s Shop of the Year Awards
- 1 Star Great Taste Awards 2018 – Sausage
- 2 Star Great Taste Awards 2017 – Bacon
- 1 Star Great Taste Awards 2017 – Sausage
- National Finalists Butchers Shop of the Year Awards – 2017, 2018
- Farmers Weekly local food farmer of the year 2011
- Taste of Staffordshire best producer 2017
- Taste of Staffordshire best retailer 2017
- Taste of Staffordshire best afternoon tea 2018
- Staffordshire environmental quality mark
- 5 star hygiene rating
- Gold, silver and championship winning bacon, sausage, gammon and pies